The 3D scanner development venture required from us complementing our skills with industrial design, mechanical engineering and supply chain management (in order to handle prototyping and low volume production).
Combination of selective hiring, well thought partnerships and steep learning curve for those already on-board let us built our product development capabilities and proved their viability over last four years.
Interaction with customers
Our development capabilities meet growing demand for outsourced design services coming from understaffed R&D departments of corporations, from start-ups lacking technical skills to implement their products & service ideas, from companies that miss specific skillset among their R&D teams.
Depending on these diverse customers’ needs our collaboration model may differ, but always assumes close interaction with the customer:
- turn-key product development or focused engineering services addressing detailed customer specification (e.g. FPGA, PCB layout, embedded software development)
- fixed-price or time-and-material contracts
- quick path to demonstration of user interface mock-ups and product concept visualization to enable knowledgeable changes to initial product requirements
- optional feasibility studies in case of complex or highly innovative projects that require exploratory phase to fine-tune the requirements and adjust the project scope
- project reviews and progress reports in agreed time intervals to ensure satisfying transparency of the design process
Product development flow
Algorithm development and analysis
Our engineers and mathematicians can effectively develop variety of algorithms for signal and data processing especially in the areas of:
- digital filtering including adaptive filters and other DSP algorithms
- 2D and 3D filtering algorithms for critical conditions and applications
- fast signal convolution algorithms (Overlap-Save) instead of a complex system of filters
- computational algorithms (FFT, cosine transform wavelet transform, multiplication, division)
- 2D and 3D image processing and machine vision
We apply Model-Based Design methods, using MATLAB®/Simulink® when experimenting with algorithms leaving implementation decisions to later design stages. With our proprietary FPGA-In-The-Loop technology, we can make algorithm validation more efficient.
Depending on performance constraints, we may map the required functionality to an embedded system containing microcontrollers, DSP processors with dedicated firmware and to FPGA chips in case high performance is needed. The functionality allocated to embedded devices can be complemented with control and data processing applications running in the Cloud, on PCs or on mobile devices.
Evatronix dedicates significant effort to ensure that the created products are distinguished by modern design and ergonomy. We perform creative industrial design process in close collaboration with the customer. The usual steps to make this happen include:
- concept of the product
- computer visualization
- refinement of selected variant
Graphical User Interface design
Diverse media may be used for interaction with the system: embedded touch screen, a mobile app running on a smartphone or a web app. No matter what media are used, a carefully designed Graphical User Interface is crucial for delivery of great user experience. To achieve this we run a creative process that encompasses:
- gathering requirements for user interactivity
- analyzing the ergonomic factors of interaction
- designing the required custom graphics
- developing graphical mock-ups or/and prototypes to be accepted by customer (coherent look and feel is maintained across different interaction media in case more than one is applied)
- efficient coding (or code generation) of agreed solution fordifferent hardware targets